FIELD TRIP TO THE COCHRANE NORTH AREA
Alberta Wilderness Association (AWA) Program “Adventures For Wilderness”
Field Trip on June 3, 2023 to the Cochrane North Area to see and learn about the following:
- Glacial geology including viewing two spectacular glacial melt-water channels north of Cochrane.
- Learn how glaciers deposited gravel in glacial channels, moraines, and eskers.
- Learn how gravel mining can much impact on the adjacent environment.
- Visit oil producing frack pads and learn about the pluses and minuses of such operations.
- See some beautiful areas in the Cochrane North area including the Big Hill Springs Provincial Park area, Lochend and Dog Pound areas
This is a full day field trip from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM beginning in Cochrane. Anyone can sign up for this trip but the cost is $50 per person or family. This is a donation to the Alberta Wilderness Association and is tax deductible.
For more details contact go onto the Alberta Wilderness Association’s website and click on “Events” and “Adventures For Wilderness”. The field trip leader is Tako Koning, P.Geol., Senior Geologist – Consultant and you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him at 587-284-3411.