“To ensure the natural and historical values of Bighill Creek Watershed are preserved for this and future generations.”
- Maintain and enhance the full range of biodiversity including interconnection to the Bow River valley.
- Identify, maintain or improve watershed health, including springs, riparian aspects and water quality.
- Encourage a system of stewardship throughout the watershed.
- Establish a library of the ecological, geological, archaeological and historical data of the Bighill Creek area.
- Educate the public as to the full range of natural and historical values and of their national, provincial and local significance.
- Undertake development of a State of the Watershed report and Implementation Plan.
Actions for Achieving Objectives:
- Plan and institute public access and gateway information in keeping with the Society’s mission.
- Initiate a stewardship program for the watershed, beginning with the established Environmental Reserve and lands downstream as far as Cochrane.
- Gather existing baseline data and undertake any necessary studies to support a State of the Watershed Report and Implementation Plan
- Establish partnerships for the planning and development of a State of the Watershed Report and its implementation.